Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Lost it, found it, losing it again!

   I recently became friends with someone on facebook who I knew from a long time ago. Her name was Jessica  and her sister Heather was one of my best friends in school. We had had tons of sleep overs and did everything together. While I have very fond memories of them, we had lost touch over the years. But a few days ago Heather found me on facebook. I was so excited to be reacquainted with her! I also became friends with her sister Jessica. I noticed on Jessica's facebook page she had posted a picture of her with a comment, that she had reached 50lbs lost. She had a link to her blog so I immediately went to her blog and saw her before and after pictures. I was so impressed with all the work she had done to accomplish this goal. Then I saw a post stating that there was an article about her in the Aug 23rd issue of Woman's World magazine, and our local newspaper ran an article about her, her weight loss, her blog, and about the article in the magazine! All of this has been within the last few days!
   I was so excited for her. It got me reminiscing about my own weight loss story. I started thinking about how she had been a motivation to me, as well as many others, by putting herself out there. She told of how she was motivated herself by those who had been following her weight loss on her blog. That they were a form of support.
  So I decided I wanted to follow in her footsteps and share my journey as well. I am hoping for the same results: That I will be able to help someone find the strength and motivation to loose weight, as well as find the support I need to get back on track and loose the weight once and for all!
   My journey is a little different though because if you haven't figured it out by the title of my blog, I lost the weight, then I gained it back, and now I am going to loose it again! I will be sharing my past experiences as well as the experiences that come along as I continue on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment