Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Good/Bad

   So this week has been good and bad! It has been bad in the sense that the first half of the week there were no Zumba classes cuz the Y was redoing the floor, and because I haven't eaten the greatest:( Monday our church had a pot luck at Knobles so of course I over ate...and ate unhealthily:( Then I spent time at my families house...it seems like anytime I'm there I tend to eat whatever their eating...which isn't always good! Then Last night (the night before my weekly weigh in) my family invited me to Appleebee's for dinner...and I went! It was bad in the sense that I gained one pound!
   But it was good in the sense that once Zumba started up I went twice in one day and the following day as well, and I went to the gym twice to use the bike, treadmill, elliptical, and the weight room. Plus I am not letting the fact that I gained a pound get me discouraged. I know that tomorrow is a new day and I just need to continue to look forward!
    Next week will be a good week because I am starting it off by going to see Ali Vincent, winner of the season 5 biggest loser, at the geisinger! I am a HUGE fan of the Biggest Loser!!! I never miss an episode let alone make it through an episode with out crying!
     I just finished reading Ali's book called Believe it, Be it. It was really good! Very motivating!!! I will probably quote from it a lot throughout this journey of my losing weight. The one quote I would like to leave you with tonight helped me to realize I need to just move on and not dwell on my one pound gain...
"look, I'm not perfect. Everybody slips, ...Wake up the next morning, go to the gym, and put it behind you. Keep moving forward. Beating yourself up is just going to send you right back to that old place where you used to hang out...The important thing is to remember this is a process; it's not about perfection!!!" -Ali Vincent

No comments:

Post a Comment