Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Biggest Loser

   So tonight was the biggest loser season 10 premier, 5 min in and I am already crying!!! Man I love this show! For anyone who missed the show...her is a run down: This season there are a lot of contestants who have lost loved ones! There was one girl who lost a brother to sids, then one of her brothers drowned in a kiddie pool when she was three, and she was the only one with him at the time. When she was 16, her and her little brother, the last one left, were in a bad car accident. He survived but when her father saw her he slapped her across the face and asked her if she was trying to kill another one!! You could just feel her pain!! I can't even imagine what that would have been like. There was one contestant who had to rush her daughter to the hospital only to find out that she was so severely dehydrated that her hydration levels did not even measure on the charts. She later admitted she had not eaten or drank anything in the last couple of days because she didn't want to be fat like her mom!! There was one girl whose brother tried out for last season and 5 days later died in his sleep! One guys mother recently just died due to weight related issues and he was over 400lbs himself! One girl reminded me of one of my friends because she was a BEAUTIFUL girl who happened to be over weight and her mother physically and mentally abused her, told her no one would love her because she was fat!!! I really related to her because I know the pain it has caused my friend.
   There were so many emotional stories!!! It just goes to show that we are not fat because we are lazy couch potatoes...or because we are pigs who like to eat!!! There is an emotional factor that plays into it! Sometimes in order to be able to lose the weight (and be able to keep it off) it has everything to do with figuring out WHY we are over weight, and then working through those emotions!! I know it sounds silly it sounds to be grateful for a tv show...but I really am grateful for the show and for all of the knowledge I gain from watching it! I am also grateful to know there are people out there who are going through the same things I go through!

No comments:

Post a Comment