Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Biggest Loser, episode 2

   For anyone who missed the biggest loser this week...It is completely different this season!! This season they are doing the weigh in at the beginning of the show! This week the yellow line was half way. So eight were safe and eight were up for elimination. Of course there was only one girl in the top and only one guy in the bottom. (It is just a proven fact that it is easier for men to lose weight than women). Out of the 8 that were up for elimination one was chosen by the guy who had the highest percentage of weight loss. This person was also going to be safe, and of course he chose the only man who was below the yellow line. Which left 7 girls to compete for their safety. They had to sprint and the first one to get to the finish line was safe and then the remaining  6 would sprint,then 5...until there were only two left to be up for elimination. I kinda liked it this way because it gives them a chance to earn their safety as well as their right to be on the ranch, but at the same time it was hard to watch because they all wanted it so bad and some of them were just not physically able to keep up!
   I felt bad for Allie, the girl who was eliminated, because she called her mom and told her she had been eliminated and that she was going to have to do this on her on, so she asked her mom to get all of the chocolate out of the house as that was her biggest temptation...and when she got home there was an open chocolate bar laying right on the counter!! I know what this is like, because no matter how many times I say I want or need to lose wight, there are always snacks at my families house and it is hard to say no when everyone else is having some!!! BUT she contacted Danny a previous winner of the BL and he has been there for her as a support system and she has lost over 60lbs at home!!
    So it just goes to show no matter how many temptations there are...you can still succeed!!!

3 comments:

  1. I think that her mom should have her head examined - surgery at 14 and now this. How does someone treat their child that way?? I was screaming at the TV. I'm certain that I only have a fraction of the story but damn...the fraction I know pisses me off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope those people feel HORRIBLE for voting her off. I was very upset with their choice. I kind of felt like Tina has had her whole life to get her act together, and Allie really needed a chance to learn new habits and get the support she needed from the camp. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree!! I could not believe someone would make a 14 year old have that kind of a surgery!! Putting aside all the negative health risks ans side affect...just think of what that does to a 14 year olds self esteme!!

    ReplyDelete